Re: Prepending to Subject Line (was Appending Subject Line)

1999-06-17 11:17:47
Tom Shannon asked,

| Quick question.  I currently have a folder where my priority messages
| go.  But what I really want is to prioritize my messages and then have
| them appear in the normal folder with some kind of mark next to them
| in pine.  The only way I can think of to do this is to append a "!"
| at the beginning of the Subject, then have it delivered to the correct
| folder.  This will make the messages appear at or near the top of the
| folder in a subject sorted list.

Doesn't Pine recognize the Priority: header?

In any case, I have to take exception with Holger's response, as it depends
on the casing of "Subject:" in the headers.  It also requires that the urgent
message have a subject in the first place.

Personally, I'd think that a special folder for high-priority mail, as Tom
has now, is a better idea, but OK,

 :0
 * conditions for high priority
 {
  :0fwh # If there is no subject or it is empty, add one.
  * ! ^Subject: *[^ ]
  | formail -I "Subject: ! (no incoming subject)"
  :0Efwh # extract the current subject, unless it already
         # starts with an exclamation point, and insert one
  * ^Subject: *\/[^ !].*
  | formail -i "Subject: ! $MATCH"
 }
 :0Efwh # if not high priority, delete any leading exclamation points