Re: Prepending to Subject Line (was Appending Subject Line)

1999-06-17 17:36:43

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, David W. Tamkin wrote:

Tom Shannon asked,

| Quick question.  I currently have a folder where my priority messages
| go.  But what I really want is to prioritize my messages and then have
| them appear in the normal folder with some kind of mark next to them
| in pine.  The only way I can think of to do this is to append a "!"
| at the beginning of the Subject, then have it delivered to the correct
| folder.  This will make the messages appear at or near the top of the
| folder in a subject sorted list.

Doesn't Pine recognize the Priority: header?

Apparently not.  I posted the question comp.mail.pine and got one
answer which was a straight no.  Perhaps I'll rephrase the question
and post it again.

Thanks very much for the response and the recipe.

Tom

Quote of the day for Thursday, 17 June, 1999:

"Pooh hasn't much Brain, but he never comes to any harm. He does silly

things and they turn out right."

  - Piglet