Re: Delivered-To: [adding it]

1999-06-17 21:25:06
On 17 Jun 1999 20:44:10 -0700, Harry Putnam <reader(_at_)newsguy(_dot_)com>
wrote:
James McGill <james(_dot_)mcgill(_at_)mindspring(_dot_)net> writes:
On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Liviu Daia wrote:
    Actually, I said filtering by envelope recipients is what
you were asking for, not that you _should_ do it. My point was
you _can't_ do it.
You certainly can setup your mta to give envelope rcpt's and
senders to the procmail commandline.
Would there be a way to use this to somehow get procmail to copy
all outgoing messages to a temp archive. But only after the local
MTA has finished with them. I mean a way that does not involve
major hacking of source code for sendmail.

That question again? Sendmail normally doesn't have any hooks for
invoking the MDA on outgoing or transit mail. If you want them, you
will have to hack them in. (But it might not be so major, really.
<http://www.harker.com/sendmail/copyuser.html> almost looks
straightforward. [And this URL was pointed out to me by none other
than Harry Putnam. :-])

/* era */

--
.obBotBait: It shouldn't even matter whether     <http://www.iki.fi/era/>