Re: Best solution to prevent mail loops?

1999-06-25 19:03:05
I'd prefer not to change the subj line.  I get the impression that X-loop
is some kind of flag to sendmail that warns of potential mail loops.  Is
this the case?

No.

X-Loop headers don't have any special meaning to sendmail; they're simply
headers that your procmail recipe can use to check for mailloops.  For
instance:

  :0

The above recipe only pipes a message to the administrative script if it
does *not* contain a specific x-loop header.  Presumably, the script will
add the appropriate x-loop header (perhaps using formail).

-- Lars

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars(_at_)larsshack(_dot_)org>