How to append to the subject field?

1999-07-22 10:35:54
I've spent a couple of weeks of hard work looking for my answer, and I can't
seem to find it anywhere. OTOH, I'm new to procmail, so I may just be
missing the obvious answer...

I'm trying to prepend text to the subject of a message as I forward it.
Basically, I'm trying to do a home-brewed mailing list, and I want the
messages to have something like "[list]" inserted before the regular
subject; I'll just use the copy command to send all emails sent to a
particular address on to the list members (very low tech and low security,
but is all I need).

Is there a tutorial/help that I missed that covers this? I'll gladly do more
searching, but I exhausted about all I could find right now...

Thanks; and I'm enjoying learning from this list. It's a new toy for me, and
very very cool. :-)

Sincerely,
-Isaac S. Hall
http://www.bitman.net/bitman.html