Re: Global Filtering for non-local accounts without wrappering users in /etc/aliases

1999-07-23 00:00:52
On Thu, 22 Jul 1999 22:04:28 -0500 (CDT), "David W. Tamkin"
<dattier(_at_)Mcs(_dot_)Net> wrote:
/etc/aliases overrides the MDA, so the literal answer to the
question in the first two lines I quoted from Jeff is "no".
But if you can't get the cat to swallow the pill, you can empty it
into its fur and make it lick it all in. Since you're going to have
1400 entries in /etc/aliases or other aliases files anyway, you
could have every alias expanded to a pipe:

Or you could run a really basic /etc/aliases and then, only if
warranted, invoke a second Sendmail with a different .cf file which
reads the additional aliases when they are needed. This adds overhead
for the addresses which end up being handled by an alias, but speeds
up the Procmail part.

Like David, I can only offer theoretical ideas, I don't do stuff like
this for a living.

/* era */

--
 Too much to say to fit into this .signature anyway: <http://www.iki.fi/era/>