Add footer and header to multipart message

1999-07-26 07:14:37
All,

I'm managing a so-called mailing list by means of forwarding email to
sendmail /etc/aliases using procmail as my filter program but not using
any mailing list manager such as SmartList or majordomo.

I need to be able to to add footer and header to each message.
My problem is when the message is in multipart/* format the footer
and header is not shown in a MUA.
If message is in multipart I need to add footer/header in each part
of the message if such part's Content-Type is: text/* .
If a message's part is text/html: add html footer/header
and the same case for other text/* content-type.

I wonder if this capability is already there in some mailing list
manager so that I don't have to reinvent the wheel.
Better yet if someone had already written such filter in procmail
recipe the would be great.

Thanks in advance.
-Aris
--
        While riding in a train between London and Birmingham, a woman
inquired of Oscar Wilde, "You don't mind if I smoke, do you?"