Re: Help

1999-07-27 22:36:16
At 16:32 -0400 7/27/99, ryanm wrote:

I have a user who is getting spammed by an ex boyfriend and I want to
send an email back to him telling him he is UNAUTHORIZED to send
mail here, log it and send an administrator email notification. How
can I do this with procmail?? After reading the man pages and examples
I came up with:

:0:
* ^From(_dot_)*1296herman(_at_)aol(_dot_)com
| cat /etc/procmail/abuse.note  /usr/ucb/mail -s "UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS"
1296herman(_at_)aol(_dot_)com

Where can I add the logging and also the administrator notification??

Make your recipe something like this (substitute where needed; it should be
obvious):

------------------------------------------------------------------------->8
:0
* ^From(_dot_)*badguy(_at_)bad\(_dot_)domain
* ^TOharassed(_at_)our\(_dot_)domain
{
   LOG="mail to harassed(_at_)our(_dot_)domain rejected from
badguy(_at_)bad(_dot_)domain
"
   :0 c
   | /usr/ucb/mail -s "Unauthorized mail from badguy(_at_)bad(_dot_)domain"
postmaster
   :0
   | cat /etc/procmail/abuse.note  /usr/ucb/mail -s "UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS"
1296herman(_at_)aol(_dot_)com
}

------------------------------------------------------------------------->8
Yes, that LOG line has the quotes around the newline. :^)

If you're willing to just give the bad guy Sendmail bounces, you can use this
instead:
------------------------------------------------------------------------->8
:0
* ^From(_dot_)*badguy(_at_)bad\(_dot_)domain
* ^TOharassed(_at_)our\(_dot_)domain
{
   EXITCODE=77
   LOG="mail to harassed(_at_)our(_dot_)domain rejected from
badguy(_at_)bad(_dot_)domain
"
   :0
   | /usr/ucb/mail -s "Unauthorized mail from badguy(_at_)bad(_dot_)domain"
postmaster
}

This generates a bounce message that looks like this: