Re: Bounce when using .forward

1999-08-08 10:42:58
era eriksson wrote:
Looks like your provider is probably running something that is not
Sendmail. Does your local documentation instruct you to use this type
of .forward file? (man procmail, see the NOTES section)

Thanks I'll try that, as soon as I can log into the machine that is.

If you can't figure out from Received: lines or local documentation
what your provider is running, but are prepared to experiment, there
are some tips at <http://www.iki.fi/era/mail/procmail-debug.html>

Thanks, I'll look at it when I can log in.

Once you figure out what MTA you are using, consult its documentation
for what kind of syntax it wants in .forward. My guess is something
like "|/usr/bin/procmail -f-" should hopefully work, but that is
strictly a shot in the dark.

Well, I'll try that, and the faq, and if it shouldn't work,
I'll return to this list.

(We seem to be on all the same mailing lists :-)

Strange, isn't it.
Thanks for the help.

May you live long and spamless,

Andreas Bergstrøm