REVISED & HTMLIZED: Procmail Quick Start

1999-08-12 14:47:58
Hello Procmail folks,

I have updated the procmail part of the Filtering Mail FAQ and
converted it to HTML (up until now it was just plain ascii). This is
going to be included in the forthcoming book "Internet Secrets II" and
I would really appreciate your feedback. Here is an outline:

     * Procmail Overview
     * Terms Used in this Article
     * Organization Strategies
          + Modularize and Plug & Play
          + Naming Your Directories and Message Folders
     * Step by Step Through Setting Up and Testing Procmail
         1. Is Procmail on Your System?
         2. Set Up Procmail Files for Testing
         3. Test Your Procmail Setup
         4. Create Recipes to Sort Mailing List Messages
     * Troubleshooting Procmail
          + General Strategies
          + Alternate .forward Files
     * Understanding Procmail Recipes
     * Tracking Your Incoming Messages
     * Accessing Your Message Folders
     * Getting More Procmail Information

I'm especially interested in feedback on what goes in the .forward
file and the best order for people to try things. Also, alternate
recipes for catching all messages sent to the procmail mailing list
are welcome.

If you are one of the people I list in my "Thanks" section, please
send me your URL so I can link to you.

Note that by the time the book comes out I will have updated my top
procmail page.

I'm calling the doc "Procmail Quick Start" and it is at:

 http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/

Thanks for your input!
Nancy, spreading the procmail word

--