Re: Reject recipe

1999-08-14 19:41:00
On Sat, 14 Aug 1999 16:59:20 -0300, Hermann Wecke
<hermann(_at_)rodeios(_dot_)com> wrote:

The rejected message is including the full header received. I
just want to include the From: To: Date: and Subject: fields.
And I also would like to include the X-Reject notice before
the explanation why the message was returned.
  A word about bouncing email, via procmail, based strictly
on the "From:" or Envelope-Sender... ***DON'T***!!!
  Remember Rule #1... spammers lie.  If your system gets a bunch
of spam routed via an open relay, the From: and Envelope-Sender
will most likely be forged.  At best, it'll be a non-existant
domain, and the bounce will sit in your outbound queue, using up
disk space.  (Suggestion; my ISP, Interlog, rejects email with a
non-DNS-resolvable "From:" domain.  I suggest using a soft failure
so that if the problem was a temporary DNS failure, the email will
eventually get through).  At worst, you'll end up as a proxy-
mailbomber of some innocent 3rd party, who might become an enemy
of the anti-spam cause.
  This is really a job for an MTA, not an ex-post-facto filter
like procmail.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes(_at_)interlog(_dot_)com> procmail spamfilter
http://www.interlog.com/~waltdnes/spamdunk/spamdunk.htm