Hi:

I am using Fetchmail to download/upload email from my ISP. I have
specified
mda "procmail /etc/procmail_recipe_name" in my .fetchmailrc.

I am trying to redirect some incoming mail on my Linux box using
.foward mechanism in user's home directory.
Unfortunately when using this mechanism instead of the mail being
redirected, gets address of the form
'user(_at_)myhost(_dot_)mydomain(_dot_)com'
instead of 'user(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com'.  Which results in DATA FORMAT ERROR
when talking sendmail talking to ISP's machine.

The Dignostic-Code is when it fails is
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 501 <me(_at_)host(_dot_)mydomain(_dot_)com>... Sender
domain must
exist

I am using sendmail for mail delivery.  And Linux box is configured to
be DNS.
(I am not an expert/administrator!).  Except for this (and some other
things I haven't looked at) my 486Linux
box works well.

If any of you have clues as to where I should be digging to fix this
please let me know.
With whatever little knowlege of things I have I even tried using
formail to create new header on
forwarded mail, but didn't help.

My question is, is this issue with procmail or sendmail?

In case you need to know I am giving contents of my fetchmailrc.
===================
set daemon=0
poll ISPS_SERVER with protocol POP3
no dns, aka mydomain.com
user me is * here
password mypasswd
mda "procmail /etc/procmail_recipe"
=========================

and procmail recipe is like
=================
:0
! auser(_at_)his(_dot_)new(_dot_)address

Since it didn't work I tried

:0
| formail -A "Resent-From: auser(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com" \
          -U "Received"| \
   $SENDMAIL -oi auseri(_at_)his(_dot_)new(_dot_)address

finally I not sure it is a procmail issue but I thought
you folks might be better to say it or suggest how it can be done using
procmail.

Thanks for anything you can say on this.

Regards

Shirish