Abuse mail

1999-08-20 13:40:45
Re all,

        I have a problem with a user who is receiving abuse and
threatening mail form a soon to be ex spouse.

I set up the .forward and .procmailrc but can't get it to work.  I told
her I would have this set up sometime today (she is also contacting the
police).  With time running out I am turning to the great wise ones.

Here is what I need to do.

Catch all mail coming from offendingaddress(_at_)webtv(_dot_)net  # yes webtv

Next append the message to a abuselog.txt

Next I want to reply to the offender with a text file that I have already
written.  But I'd like it to be address forom me.  When I got this part to
work.. it always was address form her.  This I did not want.  I want them
to take this seriously.

Next delete the message all together, so that it does not reach it's
destination.

Finally, allow the remaining email to pass through to /var/mail/$user as
normal.

Can anyone help me.  I get one part to work and then another doesn't. Or I
'fix' something and then nothing works.  I'm stuck

I have looked through other procmailrc's that I am currently using and
attempted to combine them, also checked out the archives.  But everything
I combine the stuff.. it dies and doesn't work.

TIA