Re: getting the correct From_ out of sendmail 8.9.3

1999-09-11 11:57:14
J S McKenzie <demo(_at_)mcb(_dot_)net> writes:
We rolled out a new mail system 10 days ago consisting of Sendmail 8.9.3
and Procmail 3.13.1 as the drop-in local mailer.  We have used the
advanced examples in procmail to exactly match the flags required and
have checked them by several people to ensure no typos.
Unfortunately we are not getting clear "From " mail separators in all
cases so that the mboxes are delivering concatenated mails - the pop3
daemon being unable to differentiate between the individual mails.  This
also sometimes entirely screws up the mailbox and it has to be mailed to
the owner as a 'global'mail.
We have ascertained that the type of mails which cause this problem are
nearly all html formatted resulting in a From line that looks like

From=20etcetc.

Can you be more specific about that?  In particular, is that what appears
in the body of the message arriving at your mailsystem, the body of
the message as stored in the mailspool, or is that what the "From "
message separator is appearing as in the mailspool?

Philip Guenther