Re: Failure in formail

1999-09-13 08:03:41
Ron Watkins asked,

| I have the following rule:
|
| :0 Wh: .msgid.lock
| | formail -D 8192 .msgid.cache
|
| which is generating the following:
|
| procmail: [7247] Sun Sep 12 06:39:09 1999
| procmail: Locking ".msgid.lock"
| procmail: Executing "formail,-D,8192,.msgid.cache"
| procmail: Program failure (1) of "formail"
|
| Seems to be some failure in formail, however, the .msgid.cache is being
| populated, and I can view the contents.

Formail is checking whether the incoming message is a duplicate.  If it
is a new message, and not a duplicate, the attempt to find its ID already
in the cache fails.  That's what you hope for: new mail that isn't dupli-
cations of old messages.

| Is there a problem here or should I not be worried about this?

It's something to be happy about.  To get rid of the warnings, turn VERBOSE
off.