Re: delivery to /home/user/Maildir/

1999-09-23 19:57:36
Vyacheslav Zakharov <handful(_at_)jizz(_dot_)sentosa(_dot_)dp(_dot_)ua> writes:
Before I write I have been reading this mailing list for a long time.
But I couldn't find an answer on my question.
I've got procmail-3.13.1 as my MDA and qmail-1.03 as my MTA. Everybody
write how set procmail up to deliver messages to /home/user/Mailbox
which is a file in the user's home directory. But I've got a
configuration when messages deliver to /home/user/Maildir which is
a _directory_ in qmail's maildir format.

Procmail has been patched three patches:
procmail-locking.patch
procmail-maildir.patch
procmail-nospoollock.patch
The problem is when message doesn't match the rule it delivers to
/home/user/Maildir/new (and this is right) but I get a one's copy
drops directly to /home/user/Maildir. It name is msg.FYI (for
example) or msg.acT (no matter)
Does anyone know what's happening? How can I fix it?
Maybe should I better use procmail-3.14pre?

Sounds like there's a bug in one of the three patches you mention.
I would suggest contacting the auther of those patches and see if
they've updated them or if they can help you.

As for using procmail-3.14pre, I would not recommend doing so at this
time: it's still in the process of changing alot (albeit in bursts when
I have a chunk of time to think just about it).

Philip Guenther