Re: Is bad From_ line an error by procmail, sendmail, or neither?

1999-09-28 14:02:13

I would test it by pulling the -f- flag from your .forward file then
sending yourself a similar message.

 As I received the very same spam, I did a similar test: telnet to
 port 25 on the mail server and sending myself two messages with
 mail from:<REVOLUTION MAIL(_at_)990(_dot_)NET>. In the first case, procmail -f-
 was invoked through .forward and I observed the same as Rik,
 and in the second case, with no .forward, the From_ was "ok"
 From "REVOLUTION MAIL(_at_)990(_dot_)NET" <timestamp>.

 But, to complicate the issue further, procmail is run by the LDA,
 albeit with no flags.