Re: missing cat data

1999-09-29 10:16:07
Dave Stone's former veterinarian won't release records ... oh, wrong kind
of missing cat data.  Anyhow,

| ...  the last echo
| line is the last thing appearing in the autoack response. No errors
| show up in the log file. Any suggestions?
|
|    :0c
|    * ^Subject:\/.*
|    | ($FORMAIL -rt -I "Subject: Autoreply (was $MATCH)" \
|         -A "X-Loop: $LOGNAME" \
|         -I "Precedence: junk" \
|         -A "X-Comment: Auto-acknowledgement" ; \
|         cat $PMDIR/autoack.txt ; \
|         echo " " ; \
|         echo "------Original Message Follows------" ; \
|         echo " "; \
|         cat - ) | $SENDMAIL -oi -t

formail is eating up the stdin, leaving none for the second cat.

First, if the three lines to be inserted below $PMDIR/autoack.txt are always
the same, just append them to the $PMDIR/autoack.txt file instead of adding
three echo commands (and I'd suggest empty lines instead of the two lone
spaces).  Second, I never understood the logic of assigning variables to the
names of programs instead of just setting PATH.  Third, what Philip has al-
ready posted about handling subjectless mail was exactly what I was going
to say, and I think it should be included.

Here we go:

     MATCH
     :0c # ,,acknowledgement'' is Canadian spelling
     * ! ^FROM_DAEMON
     * $ ! ^X-Loop: $LOGNAME
     * other conditions if any
     * 1^0 ^Subject:\/.*
     * 1^0
     | formail -rkbt -I "Subject: Autoreply${MATCH+ (was $MATCH)}" \
          -A "X-Loop: $LOGNAME" \
          -I "Precedence: junk" \
          -A "X-Comment: Auto-acknowledgement" | \
          sed -e '1,/^$/ !b' -e "/^$/r $PMDIR/autoack.txt" | \
          $SENDMAIL -oi -t