Re: Is bad From_ line an error by procmail, sendmail, or neither?

1999-10-04 20:18:51
Rik Kabel <rik(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com> writes:
I asked whether procmail, specifically procmail invoked with
the -f- flag, might be incorrectly re-writing From_ headers
under certain circumstances, or whether I should do battle with
Netcom/Mindspring/Earthlink system management (or search my procmailrc)
to find what is causing a problem. Philip responded to my questioning
thus:

I would test it by pulling the -f- flag from your .forward file then
sending yourself a similar message.

So I did.

I ran a few tests, and they point to -f- being the culprit. Procmail
version info:

Okay, I found the bug.  The fix is to replace the "15" where it appears
in the function findtstamp() at the end of src/mailfold.c with "16".

Philip Guenther