Re: sendmail not reading .forward file

1999-10-07 10:58:36
"Fred Terry" <pfterry(_at_)netopia(_dot_)com> writes:
This isn't a procmail question, per se, but it's tangential since
I'm trying to call procmail from my .forward file. I have procmail
set up and I sent a message to it to confirm that it was working
properly, but sendmail never activates it.

I've checked the permissions on the .forward file, and I've
confirmed that the rule for .forward files in the sendmail.cf
are correct.

What else should I look at?

The maillog file (or wherever syslog put 'mail' facility messages).
You may find messages like the following:

Oct  7 12:13:00 solen.gac.edu sendmail[8776]: MAA08776: forward
/Net/solen/home/g/u/guenther/.forward: Group writable directory

Philip Guenther