Re: Running as user...??

1999-10-10 12:33:13
J T Breitner <ptr(_at_)europa(_dot_)gatecom(_dot_)com> writes:
Procmail doesn't do anything with user 998.  Is your MTA using 998 as
the default uid to invoke programs under?  What is the username for
uid 998?  Have you looked for that username or the number 998 in your
MTA's config files?

I found this out a day after I posted the message.  Sendmail defaults to 998
and although it wasn't hurting anything, it just gives me a queesy feeling
seeing another user's id on top of another person's mail.

Be careful: there are right ways and wrong ways to fix this.  Changing the
DefaultUser option in sendmail is the Wrong Way (and possibily dangerous,
depending on what you change it to).  Adding the 'S' flag to the local
mailer is the Right Way.

Philip Guenther