Re: Calling external program and passing information

1999-10-12 14:34:26
Hmm.  I think you may need to use "$MATCH" in weak quotes instead of having
no quotes.  When $MATCH contains more than one word, do you want the entirety
passed to hypergammon as one argument or do you want each word passed as a
separate parameter?

I want each word to be a separate parameter, so what I've done should be
correct.  However, I do not want the message to passed to the program.

And what followed in the logfile?  If procmail couldn't run hypergammon or
if hypergammon had a bad exit status, a verbose lockfile would have said so.
How did you conclude that the program wasn't run?

The program doesn't do what its supposed to.  When I run the program from the
command line, it reads a file on my system and sends out a email.  I've made
sure the files involved have read-write permissions to everyone, so procmail
shouldn't get a permission denied message.

Once I did get a exit code 11 in the log file, but couldn't replicate it.

Vivek