Re: HOW DO I (get the filename)

1999-10-13 08:38:21
Srivatsa Vasudevan asked,

| in the recipe for procmail,
| :0 c
| /path/to/directory/.
|
| procmail creates a serially numbered file ( one for each mail)
| I want to do some processing on this file. how do i get the file name
| from within the procmail recipe?

$LASTFOLDER has the last file or last pipeline to which the current message
was written.

Possibly, instead of using the `c' flag and needing to get rid of the message
later, you can do the rest of the processing via procmail's TRAP statement.
TRAP will understand $LASTFOLDER, but it will also have the message available
as its stdin, so you might not need to refer to the variable at all.