Re: doubled folders

1999-10-18 02:22:53
Thus spake David W. Tamkin (dattier(_at_)Mcs(_dot_)Net):

examples.  Generally, ^TO_ is not a great way to catch mail that comes
through mailing lists (and you're not really using it right if you put .*[ <]
after it, but that's another story).

Hmm. Why?

There was a reason why I did this, but I forgot ;-)

single recipe matching on the Mailing-List: header's contents identifies them
all.  Two pairs of them get crossposts all the time, and each list's copy
goes properly into its own folder because I match on a header added by the
list instead of one inserted by the writer.

Aaaaaaah. Now I understand. I Forgot, that the mail will be sent
_twice_, one time over each list. That's a very good idea.

Indeed, I have a Delivered-To: header.

BTW, you can get rid of that shell-and-sed backquote in the folder name by
adding a second condition, at least in any version new enough to have ^TO_:
 * MATCH ?? ^^\/[^(_at_)]+

Good idea. Didn't new, that this is possible.

Finally, are those plain folders?  Then you should use a second colon to get
a local lockfile.  If they aren't, then you should say "the folders are di-
rectories/MH directories/maildirs, so that's why there is no local lockfile."

They're mbox style folders. Can you point me to the right direction,
how to do this?-

Thanks a lot

Alex

--