Re: question

1999-10-25 19:37:36
Gabriele Simi <simi(_at_)galileo(_dot_)pi(_dot_)infn(_dot_)it> writes:
In this unix system i would like to use procmail as a mail filter,
but when it processes a mail it changes the privileges to my
/usr/spool/mail/$LOGNAME file
from rw-rw---- to
    rw-------
and takes away the rw privilege for the group,
so that i can only send mails to my self but no one else
of my group can send an e-mail to me because there is no
the rw privilege for the group.
How can i solve this problem ?

To quote the procmail(1) manpage:

       If  /var/spool/mail/$LOGNAME  already  is a valid mailbox,
       but has got too loose permissions  on  it,  procmail  will
       correct  this.   To  prevent procmail from doing this make
       sure the u+x bit is set.

So, change the permissions on it to 760: rwxrw----

Philip Guenther