Re: Best way to nest rc files ?? and a formail question

1999-11-27 02:42:31
++ 27/11/99 00:05 -0500 - Michael Cummings:
Well the subject line does not really say what I am trying to do so let me
explain it here with a example..

:0
* ^To:.*(sales)   (no other action needed in main rc file for sales)
Branch to salesrc  <<<how do you do this

(salesrc)

:0
* ^Subject:.*(product a)

{
do all stuff needed for product a

[...]

You meant a thing like this:

  :0
  * ^To:.*sales
          * ^Subject:.*product b
          action

          :0
          * ^Subject:.*product c
          action
  }

Which leads me to another dilemma i came across when working on my own
configuration file. This is what i have now in my rc file:

  :0
  * check
          * additional_check
          action

          :0E
          different_action
  }

It'll check for a thing, if it matches it'll check for an additional
thing. If it matches it does action. If it does not match the following
will catch is and it'll do a different_action.

The question is, what is the best way to write this down? As above, or
would this be better?

  :0
  * check
  * additional_check
  action

  :0
  * check
  * ! additional_check
  different_action

Or even

  :0
  * check
  * additional_check
  action

  :0E
  * check
  different_action

What's the best way? The last one is no good i guess, but i can't see a
major difference between the first and the second...

        -Rejo.

--
= Rejo Zenger  [Sister Ray Crisiscentrum]
rejo(_at_)sisterray(_dot_)xs4all(_dot_)nl