Re: Best way to nest rc files ?? and a formail question

1999-11-27 10:22:23
Michael Cummings asked,

Well, as for the first question, Michael, look into the INCLUDERC variable
and, in version 3.14, the new SWITCHRC variable.

| Now a formail question??
|
| I've got the following action line which works fine but is long..
| Is there a way I can input the formail options & text from a file??
|
| :0 c
| | (formail -r -A X-Loop:flagmail -i Subject:'Thanks for visiting our\
| website!!' ; cat $HOME/replies/reply_cobalt_vw) | $SENDMAIL -oi -t -f$SLSPRSN1

First, you need a space before the backslash, or "ourwebsite!!" will come out
as one word, and you might want -rt rather than -r.

Second, there is no general solution to reading formail options from a file,
but in this particular case you can accomplish the equivalent if you add the
following three lines to the top of reply_cobalt_vw:

Subject: Thanks for visiting our website!!
<an empty line here>

and change the recipe to read this way:

 :0hc
 | (formail -r -iSubject: -X "" ; cat $HOME/replies/reply_cobalt_vw) | \
  $SENDMAIL -oi -t -f $SLSPRSN1

Again, -rt might be more suitable than -r there.