Re: Problems with Qmail + SpamBouncer

1999-12-07 00:09:24
"Paolo Donadeo" <p(_dot_)donadeo(_at_)mclink(_dot_)it> writes:
I have a problem in using Qmail and SpamBouncer on my Linux box: when a
message arrives (via fetchmail) from my ISP to Qmail, it adds its own headers
"Received:", "Return-Path:" and "From " as expected, and it leaves untouched
the "From " header from my ISP. So you have two "From ", example:

To back up a step or two, where is that bogus "From " line being
generated?  Is it in the message as fetched by fetchmail?  If so, the POP
server you're fetching from is broken, as that is *not* a valid rfc822
header and so should not be in the data coming from the POP server.
Hmm, a scan of the fetchmail NEWS file shows that as of version 4.5.1,
fetchmail discards all bogus "From " header lines in the data received
from the POP/IMAP/whatever server.  So, I would suggest upgrading your
copy of fetchmail to something newer -- it looks like 5.1.0 is the
current stable version -- and if that fixes it then complain to your ISP
that their POP server is broken and rejoice in the power of Open Source
software to work around bugs other people's software.

Philip Guenther