Re: race condition with sendmail

1999-12-07 00:16:30
Dallman Ross <dman(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com> writes:
There is a race condition (I guess that's what
it is; I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm
using a misnomer) when two or more pieces of mail
arrive at the server simultaneously.  I sometimes
ultimately do get such messages, but they are
contained inside of four or five recursive bounce
messages.  Some text that accompanies one of these
bounce messages says something like this:

Reporting-MTA: dns; xxxxxxx xxxxxxx.net
Arrival-Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 10:23:59 -0500 (EST)

Final-Recipient: RFC822; xxxxxxx(_at_)pop
Action: failed
Last-Attempt-Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 10:26:00 -0500 (EST)

Can you include the *entire* bounce message (well, you can leave off
the actual message that caused the bounce)?  In particular, there's
almost certainly some text above the text you show above which would
be useful to see, but everything up to the nested copy of the bounced
message would be of interest.

Philip Guenther