Re: lockfile on INCLUDERC to throttle?

1999-12-13 05:19:51
era eriksson <era(_at_)iki(_dot_)fi> wrote:
On Fri, 10 Dec 1999 21:08:17 -0800,
PSE-L(_at_)mail(_dot_)professional(_dot_)org
(Professional Software Engineering) wrote:
 > I have some uhm, memory intensive, filter processes (fgrep'ing a bunch of
 > headers against a 3MB datafile, which for some reason causes fgrep to

Any particular reason you're not using a simple preprocessor to
convert this to a (4 MB :-) set of Procmail recipes?

How about converting the headers to a file of strings
and using frep to look for the strings in the datafile?
Then you will be grepping for a small number of strings
in a very large file, instead of the other way around.

Exactly how you split the headers into strings depends
on what you are looking for: whole email addresses,
fully qualified domain names, partial domain names,
or something else...

                        Martin

Martin(_dot_)Ward(_at_)durham(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk http://www.dur.ac.uk/~dcs0mpw/
Erdos number: 4