Re: Vacation recipe

1999-12-15 11:48:39
1999-12-14-17:44:12 David W. Tamkin:
Bennett Todd wrote,

|     * !^FROM_DAEMON

That condition makes the following others redundant, I believe:

|     * !^Sender: .*-errors@
|     * !^Sender: .*-owner@
|     * !^Sender: .*-request@
|     * !^Sender: owner-

Thanks!

FROM_DAEMON scared me off when I saw the man page entry, I've never tried
to look at it. Now that I do, though, it looks like it does simplify this
recipe a bit. I'm still too scared to try and actually analyze the regexp,
but just feeding an egrep with that pattern, it looks lkke you're 2/3 right;
it didn't match Sender: owner- or Sender: .*-errors@, but that could be a
procmail-vs-egrep difference for all I know, or a transcription error on my
part. Or maybe that regexp just makes gnu egrep 2.4 gag:-).

Anyway, it also picked out Mailing-List:.

The resulting simplified procmailrc is attached.

As I've not heard anybody piping up with "why are you wasting your time on
that, you moron, that's already been done", perhaps this is sufficiently
new ground that it deserves archiving somewhere?

In case the thing should actually be a keeper, I've slapped a comment up top
documenting it.

-Bennett