Re: rc compatibility?

1999-12-16 05:44:27
Thanks for your help.  In my search for the answer to the problem, I
looked in the FAQ, History and other locations, but never thought to look
in the man page!  You are correct, that was the problem.

Due to year end activities, we decided not to wait for the next
version.  In January we'll look at the newer version.  For now version
3.14 answers the concern of proper operation at the century date change.

I do have a followup question.  Multiple permission changes to the rcfile
didn't seem to have an effect.  I tried 755, 600, 777; but when I changed
the home directory to 755 that did the trick.  With the home directory at
755, the permissions of the rcfile didn't matter; it worked whether the
rcfile was group writeable or not.  We're running Solaris 2.6 and we call
procmail via a .forward file.  The default home directory permissions here
are 775, although changing it to 755 doesn't appear to cause any ill
effects.  Why the paranoia for the group write permissions?

--
erik(_dot_)dufek(_at_)med(_dot_)ge(_dot_)com