Re: Procmail

1999-12-17 10:13:46
Michael DeMutis <mike(_at_)2gen(_dot_)net> writes:
I have installed procmail as my system wide Mailer but I think I screwed
something up.

I replaced /var/libexec/mail.local with a link to my procmail.

I'm running FreeBSD, latest version.

What keeps happening is the messages get stuck in /var/mqueue and my users
and I end up getting the same messages repeated over and over and over..

Does anyone know whats happening?

Sendmail apparently doesn't invoke mail.local in a way compatible
with procmail's usage.  I would suggest editing the sendmail.m4 file
and adding:
        FEATURE(`local_procmail')

The regenerate the sendmail.cf and restart sendmail.

Philip Guenther