question regarding header handoff to external script

1999-12-25 13:27:46

Due to my setup (which I can't really change since this is hosted on a
friend's machine) I have need to find a way to pass mail headers to an
external script to extract the IP address check it against RBL. So I need
some help with getting stuff to handoff and come back properly.

I have a script that parses mail headers and returns an IP if it sees a
good one. The script is attached. Feel free to use it.

Here's what I think needs to happen in psuedocode

:0 c
| mailExtractIP

# (how do we capture the result back from the output of mailExtractIP?)

:0
* IPDEFINED
  :0
        # check for existance in RBL by either using rblcheck or the
        # spambouncer stuff
        {
                :0 f
                | ${FORMAIL} -A"X-SBRule: IP ${CHECKIP} is in DUL"
        }
| dmail +incoming/spam

Any ideas? Thanks.

--Jauder