Re: Mail Directory

1999-12-27 10:56:26
* Jack Cheng (jack(_dot_)antispam(_at_)yours(_dot_)com) [991227 10:32]:
When I added a '/etc/procmailrc' file, the messages can send to the
user's home directory, but the 'pine' mail client reported that's no
new mail

This isn't the Pine mailing list, this is the procmail list.  If you
have Pine questions, please raise them in an appropriate venue.

That aside, Pine is looking in the system mailspool for new mail
(/var/mail/username) for new mail.  You need to change the default inbox
location, however that is done in pine.

You sound, though, like you need to do a little more research and
experimentation before jumping in to these things head first.  People
can be quite irate when their mail gets lost (or they think it is
lost..)

jon

--
.Jonathan J. Miner------------------Division of Information Technology.
|miner(_at_)doit(_dot_)wisc(_dot_)edu                 University Of Wisconsin -
Madison|
|608/262.9655                               Room 3149 Computer Science|

 Interestingly enough, since subroutine declarations can come anywhere,
 you wouldn't have to put BEGIN {} at the beginning, nor END {} at the
 end.  Interesting, no?  I wonder if Henry would like it. :-) --lwall