[Re: resending mailbox without changing the header]

1999-12-27 14:52:26

Michael Meltzer wrote:

Philip Guenther wrote:

Michael Meltzer <michael(_dot_)meltzer(_at_)sicad(_dot_)de> writes:
I set up John Hardins sanitizing filter. Each time the filter has
changed I want to resend the user's mailbox to itself throu the filter.
This works with formail. But every time the mails are sent there will be
added a new line to the haeder. How can I do this without adding new
lines to the header ?

What field is being added?  If it's a Received: field that's being add and
that you don't want, then don't resend them through sendmail but rather
just through procmail.  If it isn't a Received: field, what field is it?

Philip Guenther

Philip,

many thanks for your help. It is a new Received: field.
Actually I use a command like this
formail -Y -s sendmail -oi -f$account $addr <mailbox.sav

Is it ok to say

formail -Y -s procmail <mailbox.sav ?

I am using this command from out of a shell-script which runs with
root-privileges.

Thanks in advance

Michael
--- Begin Message ---

[...]