Re: Insufficient privileges to deliver

2000-01-04 16:54:43
Brian Dawson <b-dawson(_at_)tronicplanet(_dot_)de> writes:
How is local mail delivery accomplished through a recipe? It seems that
procmail doesn't revert back to root privileges when delivering locally
so I always get this error. How can this be overcome?

Once procmail gives up root privileges, it never gets them back.
You need to rethink how you're doing things.  It may be that you just
need to invoke sendmail instead of procmail at some point, or it may be
more involved than that.  Without knowing more about your situation --
you didn't show us your recipes or include *any* description of what
you're doing -- it's hard to say.

Can someone please tell me the process procmail goes through to send to
a local account. How does procmail determine if the address is local or
remote?

Procmail doesn't; the MTA does.  I think you need to back up a couple
steps and describe to us what you *want* to do (in as abstract a way as
you can), and then what you've tried.

Philip Guenther