X10 control via procmail

2000-01-06 20:23:39
I've developed a REALLY simple procmail rule to enable me to control some of
the X10 devices in my house from my SMS phone.  My first attempt was to turn
on my Christmas tree lights from my phone (my wife wonders why!).

# This works - case IS significant
:0B
* ^^A1 off
| /root/bottlerocket-0.04c/br A1 off

:0B
* ^^A1 on
| /root/bottlerocket-0.04c/br A1 on

It seems rather inefficient to specify every rule that needs to be run.
Someday, I might want to do a '-d512,1,2,3' to turn on 3 separate strings of
lights.  I think I ought to be able to have a keyword at the beginning of a
line (BR perhaps) so that anything after that would be sent as the
command-line parameter to br.

Has anybody done anything like this yet?

-- Jerry Shenk, Master CNE -
D&E Computer Networking Services, formerly Com Tech Technical Services
(717) 569-5800, http://www.dect.com/jas
Snail Mail: 248 Granite Run Drive * Lancaster, PA 17601
Internet E-mail: jas(_at_)dect(_dot_)com
Office Fax (don't fax me here): (717) 560-1682
Personal Fax via www.efax.com: (603) 250-1453