Can I call a Perl script from procmail.

2000-01-09 04:54:12
Hello everyone,

I am new to this list, so if this or something similar had been posted recently, please forgive my ignorance.

Unix, running Apache.
Anyway... here it is. I would like to be able to call a perl script from my .procmailrc file. I would also like the ability to pass the body, subject and from fields to the script. I don't want to bore you's with all the details. I just would like to know how to call a perl script and how to tell Procmail how to pass certain parameters to the perl script. I can look after the rest.

My ability with Procmail is limited. At this point, I have only set up mickey mouse little things such as autoresponders, forwarding, etc...

Any assistance in the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Even some sort of a Procmail tutorial may even suffice. At the very least it would certainly get me pointed in the right direction.

Thank you in advance
Randy