Skip my last post, but help me here

2000-01-09 10:12:19
Hello everyone,

After digging around more on the net, I have found out that Procmail is quite an extensive language.

So... allow me to cut to the chase. What I am after is the ability to catch incoming mail (to a specific address), from there I would like to see if the subject line contains a ticket number. If one is not present, I would like to increment and assign a ticket number from a data file, and then of course save the new value back to file.

It sounds simple enough to me. I could do this in Perl... but from what I have learned this morning, it appears that I should be able to do this in Procmail.

Any help, suggestions, pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Better yet, a recipe would be best, if you know of one kicking around on the net somewhere.

Thanks again
Randy