Re: Formail Cache

2000-01-15 01:12:33
"S.Toms" wrote:

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, SoloCDM wrote:

s> 1) While downloading e-mail, formail was interrupted. After I
s> restarted formail, the files already downloaded were ignored as
s> duplicates with the formail -D. Where did I go wrong?
s>

  Sounds like it worked, unless your saying that you didn't get any of the
messages. If the messageID is in the cache file and it is received a
second time, it wont be placed in your Inbox, instead its just deleted so
to speak.

I received all the messages (dispersed in their individual folders and cache
backup), even through the re-execution of fetchmail (from hanging up, then
terminating from the timeout) for the same messages (count of 386) on the
third time around, because the ISP somehow had a parser error on a particular
message. Consequently, I had to go into my account at the ISP's to eliminate
the given message, then all the messages downloaded from 1 - 385 on the forth
time without any hang-ups. Although, somehow fetchmail's messageID did not
recognize the messages, even on the forth time. (Hang-up was message 229.)

Note: Detailed Documentation(s) and Sample(s) are more than welcome.
      When you reply to this message, please include
      the mailing list and my address.

Signed,
SoloCDM