One recipe for multiple mailing lists

2000-01-26 01:57:58
Hi!

I'm receiving quite some mailing lists, which I let procmail sort into
apropriate mail files.   So, mails to the procmail mailing list go to
ML-procmail, mails to the RPM mailing list go to ML-rpm, mails to the
gnumeric mailing list go to ML-gnumeric, etc.pp..

Now, some mailing lists, like the procmail mailing list and the RPM
mailing list, are sorted on the same header, X-Mailing-List.
Currently I have two recipes for these two mailing list:

* ^X-Mailing-List:(_dot_)*rpm-list(_at_)redhat\(_dot_)com(_dot_)*

and

*
^X-Mailing-List:(_dot_)*procmail(_at_)informatik\(_dot_)rwth-aachen\(_dot_)de(_dot_)*

or something very much like this.

Now I'd (I'ld??) like to optimize my .procmailrc a little bit, and
have these two recipes be merged into one recipe.  But how can I write
a recipe, which sorts out the mails according to a part of header field?
E.g. I'd like mails sent to rpm-list(_at_)redhat(_dot_)com to end up in
ML-rpm-list
and
mails to procmail(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de to be in
ML-procmail.  So, I
want to extract everything before the @.

How to do that?

--