Re: Need help with mail loops

2000-02-07 07:46:14
Brian Dawson writes:
We are starting to encounter problems with mail loops from a couple of our
customers. These accounts are forwarding mail to an address in the AOL
domain and AOL kicks back email over 1Mb. This has been a disaster on 2
occasions already as this users quota is reached, and the dead.letter is
some obscene size.

To make things more complicated, we use 1 .procmailrc in every users home

 Don't you think you should be looking for a solution at MTA level?

 Postfix, for instance, cuts of bounced mail at a configurable limit:

# The bounce_size_limit parameter limits the amount of original
# message context in bytes that is sent in a non-delivery notification.
#
bounce_size_limit = 50000