Re: lock files

2000-02-16 15:34:27
On Wed, Feb 16, 2000 at 09:28:20AM +0200, era eriksson wrote:
 >> That's probably not what you want actually. What you want is :0 w
 >> or :0 W. This will cause procmail to let the program finish before
 >> continuing. Placing a lock file probably won't prevent it from
 >> runnng another instance of your perl script. Another option is to
 >> add some sort of locking inside the script, so one invocation
 >> doesn't stomp on another when they both try to write to the same
 >> destination file.

If you want concurrent Procmail processes to wait in line for their
turn, a lock is definitely the way to go. But yes, it would probably

Yeah, I realized that after I sent it. Oops. :)

--
Andrew Edelstein                email: andrew(_at_)infonent(_dot_)com
Core Services Division          voice: 408-278-4430

All opinions or statements are my own and are not official statments of either
Comms People, Inc. or Infonent.com, Inc./ Ideaflood, Inc.