Re: MS Word attachments

2000-02-18 00:58:00
On Thu, 17 Feb 2000 09:53:28 +0200 (EET)
era eriksson <era(_at_)iki(_dot_)fi> wrote:

Doing funny things like quoting parts of a MIME message is pretty
error-prone. I would suggest returning the entire message, perhaps
as an embedded MIME attachment. Look at bounce messages from a
recent Sendmail; they will include a text/plain part with some
explanations and then a message/rfc822 with the entire bounced
message. Producing this from a shell script is not hard, provided
that you know something about how to encode MIME messages (or have
a handy utility such as metasend(1) do it for you -- I don't know
if it has exactly the right capabilities, though).

Bugger that for a game of soldiers: Use (n)mh's `mhn` to create the
MIME message.  Simple, effective, and does all the really nasty work
for youin the cannonically correct fashion..

--
J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw(_at_)kanga(_dot_)nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder(_at_)kanga(_dot_)nu