Problem with make recommed on procmail

2000-02-24 14:47:11
When I try to "make recommend" procmail-3.14 I get the following error
Testing for memmove, strchr, strpbrk, strcspn, strtol, strstr,
rename, setrgid, setegid, pow, opendir, mkdir & waitpid
Determining the maximum number of 16 byte arguments execv() takes
Killed
Whoeaaa! This actually can't happen.
You have a look and see if you detect anything uncanny:
ld.so.1: _autotst: fatal: libnet.so: open failed: No such file or directory
I suggest you take a look at the definition of LDFLAGS*
in the Makefile before you try make again.
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `../autoconf.h'
Current working directory /export/temp/procmail-3.14/src
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `autoconf.h'

I am using Solaris 2.6 and gnu C 2.95.2, the application compiled ok on an
ultra5 but it is not at all happy on the E450. I don't seem to have the
libnet.so library it is looking for, I made a symolic link for libnet.so to
libxnet.so and it seems to compile ok with that, but I am not sure if this
is a good idea.
Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Murdo.