Re: To: Header Substitution

2000-03-21 07:22:33
"Simon Daykin" <Simon(_at_)byte-sized(_dot_)com> writes:
I have two domains let's call them ABC and XYZ for ease...
ABC is the main domain and XYZ is a fake IP which uses the SMTP server on
the main domain.
*All* mail from both domains goes into one POP account on ABC
I want to forward all mails sent to XYZ.com to a different address, however
there is a complication which is out of my control...

The server has been set up (out of my control) so that all e-mails are
getting rewritten by the server so that they appear to have been addressed
to whatever(_at_)ABC(_dot_)com
Thus if I send an e-mail to test(_at_)XYZ(_dot_)com it arrives at my procmail
recipies
with headers like....

Tell your ISP that they *MUST* save the original _envelope_ recipient
information, either in a header field or somewhere out-of-band.  The
start doing it, then change ISPs.  Anything else will fail under
multiple recipients, Bcc's, and mailing list, and may lose or misdirect
otherwise valid messages.  Once the information is lost, there's no way
to get it back...

Philip Guenther