Re: Can I procmail to existing mbox files?

2000-03-22 20:44:36
John Oliver <joliver(_at_)oliver(_dot_)escondido(_dot_)ca(_dot_)us> writes:
I've been using Netscape Communicator's message filters so far, and want
to move to procmail.  But, from what I've seen, if I write a procmail
recipe that points to an existing mbox file, it creates new files with
some oddball name instead of neatly appending the filtered messages to
what's already there.

Is there any way to make it work the way I want?  It would be a real
pain in the you-know-what to have to manually move a bunch of mails
around... :-)

Well, you didn't show us the recipe that you're using, and you didn't
show us the file permissions and types (file vs directory) that are
involved, and you didn't even say what version of procmail you're
using.  Perhaps you could fill in some of that information?  How about
procmail log entries -- you _do_ set LOGFILE, don't you?

Philip Guenther