maildir global delivery to /var/mai/username/

2000-03-28 15:57:19

hi.

i've scanned the docs, and the maillist archives and i've been unable to
find anything about this so i'm asking here, apologies if this is a faq.

i want to to use procmail to do global delivery to maildirs, only instead of
them being in the users home directory (where home directory quota's become
a problem) i want to deliver them to /var/mail/username/.

i see that procmail denotes a maildir by a trailing / but see no other
references to making this the global delivery mechanism.  i suppose that you
could do this with a global procmailrc but that doesn't seem like the best
way.

also i saw a note saying not to use 3.14 in production and to wait for 3.15
which should be out soon.  how soon and is this still true?

if someone could point me in the right direction it would be much
appreciated.

thanks,
adam.

ps. i am not on the list so please cc reponses to me.