Using procmail with procmail - any problems?

2000-04-27 06:53:12
Yes, I do mean what the subject says.  This system uses procmail 3.13
is its MDA, I want to use procmail 3.14 so I can deliver mail to
maildir mailboxes.

I was already using the systems procmail to sort my mail so I already
have a .procmailrc file.  How can I set things up so that the system's
procmail (3.13) delivers to my procmail (3.14) and *my* procmail uses
the .procmailrc file?

Can I put a rule like the following in my .procmailrc :-

    :0
    | $HOME/bin/procmail .realprocmailrc

and then put my real rules in .realprocmailrc?

Are there any other ramifications to this that I have missed?

--
Chris Green (cgreen(_at_)x-1(_dot_)net)
  Home: chris(_at_)isbd(_dot_)demon(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk            Work: